Monday, August 20, 2012
PICC line success!!!
There were 2 failed attempts on her left arm and success on the right. They took an x-ray to verify that it was in the right place. It was 4cm too far in, so they just removed the dressing (while I held her in my arms) and pulled the line out a little bit. It has cm markings printed on it, so it was pretty straight forward. Apparently, the line was in the lower part of her right atrium instead of at the top near the superior vena cava. And yes, I had to look that one up. I'm getting an anatomy lesson over here. We got the next x-ray back, and it has been confirmed that the line is in the right place now. We're heading back to our room soon. Thank you for praying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment