Monday, January 27, 2014

Aliyah - Surgery update #5

We arrived home exhausted but happy on Sunday evening.  Aliyah's pain was well-managed by just scheduled Tylenol and Ibuprofen before we left the hospital.  At the recommendation of the doctors, I gave her oxycodone during our travel time to help her tolerate all the movement and weather changes.  She cried and arched quite a bit during the first two-thirds of our trip, unhappy in both the car seat and my arms.  The airline kindly gave us a seat with extra legroom, directly behind first class.  I hope the poor guy sitting in front of us didn't pay out-of-pocket for his first-class seat, because he was either getting crying or Barney in his ear during the whole 2 1/4 hour flight.  Personally, I thought the latter was preferable, but would have given him the option had he complained. :-) During the last flight, Aliyah was very calm and content.  She has not cried or fussed since that first plane flight yesterday.  She is so happy to be home!  I saw her biggest smiles yet when I went into her room this morning.  She really missed the rest of the family and the general hub-bub at our house.  Aliyah gets her meds at 10:00, 1:00, 4:00, and 7:00 AM and PM around the clock.  I'm pretty worn out, but should only need to keep up with this regimen for the next few days.  For those of you who live in North Carolina, Aliyah and I brought back some snow for you.  Your welcome!  Thank you dear friends and family for all your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement during this time.  I thank God for you.  You all are precious to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment