Friday, July 10, 2015

Back Home!

We arrived home around 2:00pm today.  I'm sorry that I was unable to write an update yesterday.  It was CRAZY!  In brief: doctor visits, pain team visits, physical therapy, seatbelt harness fitting, wheelchair fitting, PRAFO fitting, epidural removal, "craft project" to protect cast, Foley catheter removal, bladder scan, repeat catheterization, fever, elevated heart rate, repositioning, meds, myoclonus, and sleep issues.


Seatbelt fitting

Aliyah's first time out of bed!  Yesterday, at 10:30pm.

Checking out the fish tank!


Prayer Requests:
- that her fever would stay down...she is still dealing with mild fever
- that her heart rate would decrease...it is in the 130's and 140's
- pain management...her pain has increased since our return home today
- I am exhausted and rather overwhelmed by the level of care that Aliyah will need with her spica cast over the next 6 weeks.  Please pray for restful sleep for me during those 2 hour blocks of time that I can grab throughout the day/night.

Thankful for the help of friends!

Blessings:
- Our good friend, a nurse, stayed with me during the day and night yesterday at the hospital AND helped us get settled into our home today.  We work well as a team; I nearly cried when she left to go back home this evening.  
- We've had family and friends caring for our 4 other children during the daytime during Aliyah's hospital stay.  
- Aliyah has not responded negatively to being restrained in the cast
- Aliyah gave us some great smiles today!

No comments:

Post a Comment