Friday, January 14, 2011

Flu Update

No seizures last night, but a very frightening choking incident in the late evening.  Aliyah was crying in her TumbleForm Feeder Seat and I had just gone around the corner to the linen closet to fine some Baby Vicks for her.  I heard her cough and make a choking sound which was not terribly unusual, but then I didn't hear anything else...silence.  Alarmed, I quickly put the box down that I was digging through and peaked around the corner.  I saw that she had arched back so badly when choking that her head was pretty much stuck between the seat and her back.  I heard a strange whistling sound and her body was heaving with the effort to get air into her lungs.  I lunged toward her, grabbed her body and swung her down onto the floor on her stomach.   We both lay tummy-down and face-to-face on the floor for a few minutes while trying to catch our breath for two very different reasons.  I prayed aloud for her while we lay there breathing together, trying to calm down.  As I spoke, she gave me a big grin.  Crisis over.

Tylenol seems to be controlling her fever for the most part.  I hold her hand most of the night so I can be aware of any seizure activity.  I've noticed that any change of position, no matter how slight, seems to cause her great discomfort.  Hmmm...I'm just keeping a close eye on her.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! What a rough time...we had something similar, don't know if it was actual flu, but sounds a lot like what you're going through. Will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete